Buying a mobile caravan is a tricky business, buying a used mobile caravan is much trickier. When buying a used caravan you have to be extra vigilant to lookout for visible and non-visible faults and damages. Most of time, used caravans are prepped up so pretty in the outside to cover up some serious internal problem, and before you realize your mistake you are in so deep with caravan repairs bills. So, when you decide to invest in a mobile home make sure to check thoroughly the exterior and interior of the mobile caravan.
Things to lookout outside the mobile caravan:
- Check for the rusts. Rusts can be expensive to fix, and there’s too many rusts on the outside it is safe to day that more serious issue can be found inside the van.
- Check the condition of the tyres. Tyre replacement can be expensive as well, so make sure the caravan tyres is in good condition and it can service you for many miles.
- Check if the doors and windows can be opened and closed properly.
- Be vigilant about the new paint jobs. Paint jobs are designed to hide more serious problems with the mobile home.
- Check if the tow hitch is moving freely.
- Check if the gas and electrical components in good condition.
Things to lookout in the interior of the mobile caravan:
- If you are satisfied with the exterior condition of the caravan, it is a must to check the interior thoroughly as well.
- Check if there’s any sign of dampness. Always bring a damp meter when you are inspecting a mobile caravan. Perform a thorough damp check that includes the cupboards and corners.
- Check if the floor is in good condition. Walk back and forth inside the mobile caravan and be vigilant of the creaks and other odd sounds as it can tells you more probable problem lurking below the floor.
- Check if there are working smoke detectors and fire extinguisher.
- Check if the plumbing system is in good condition. You don’t want to live in a home that has no adequate supply of water and has faulty plumbing system.
- Check if the electrical and gas component is in good condition. Faulty gas and electrical connection can be very dangerous.
Checking used mobile home to buy can be very tiresome and tedious but it can save you huge amount of money in mobile caravan repairs if take seriously. It is better to meticulous than being sorry for having a wrong decision.